Welcome to the Altar Serving Ministry at St Agatha’s Parish
Altar Serving is such a important Ministry at St Agatha’s Catholic Church. Altar Servers assist the Priests. The Parish Community see Altar Servers as role models by the level of reverence they show at Church. It is such a humble and reverend way of contributing to the Mass.
If you are in Year 4 and above and are interested in becoming an Altar Server please contact the Parish Office for further information. Training Sessions will be conducted in October 2017. For more information or to join the Altar Servers please contact the Parish Office on 02 9484 1427.
- Confirmation (Friday 15th September, 5:00pm & 7:00pm)
- Altar Servers Training/ Refresher Courses (Saturday 14th & 21st October, 4:00pm)
Thank you for all your ongoing support to the Altar Serving Ministry of St Agatha’s Parish
(Altar Serving Ministry Co-ordinator)
Senior Servers & Altar Servers – Important Notes.
I would like to congratulate our 11 new Senior Servers of St Agatha’s Parish!
Congratulations to – Andrew Kennaugh, Caroline Grace, Gabe DaSilva , Jacinta Grace, James Royle, Joel Jenson, Matilda Wiggins, Nathan Rossi, Nathaniel Deitch, Michael Rossi, and Sarah Kennaugh.
To become a Senior Server, an Altar Server needs to have served at least for 5 years. The role of a Senior Server is to guide, help and train the other Altar Servers and assist the Priests with Senior roles within the Mass.
Altar Servers Check List
- Please arrive 10 minutes before Mass starts
- Please wear neat clothes with closed shoes (ie school shoes) when Serving
- Please tick your name off on the bulletin in the Sacristy
- Please get dressed in an appropriate Alb and wear the correct coloured robe
- Please say the Altar Servers Before Mass Prayer with other Servers
- Please make sure the bells are under the Altar Server seats
- Please make sure the Altar Candles are lit
- Please organise (before Mass) which Servers will be assisting at the different parts of the Mass (offertory, holding the book , carrying the cross etc)
- The Cross Carrier puts the cross away
- Please put the Albs neatly away in the cupboard
- Please make sure all the items from the table (near Altar Server seats) are brought back into the Sacristy
- Please make sure the Altar Candles are blown out
- Please say the Altar Servers After Mass Prayer with other Servers
Note: If you are unable to attend mass on your rostered weekend please arrange for another server to take your place.
* Please Refer to the Training Booklet for more information.
Download a screen version here (to read online).
Download print version here (print double-sided on A4, collate and fold in half to make a booklet).
For more information or to join the Altar Servers please contact the Parish Office on 02 9484 1427.
Altar Servers News
Click on the title to read the article.
An Altar Servers’ Training course will be held this Saturday and next Saturday at 4pm for anyone who would like to serve and is in Year 4 or above, or anyone who is currently serving and would like a refresher course. Please contact Andrew on 0499 181...
In October there will be the Altar Servers’ Training course for anyone who would like to serve and is in Year 4 or above, or anyone who is currently serving and would like a refresher course. The courses will be held on two Saturdays (21st & 28th October) at...
In October there will be the Altar Servers’ Training course for anyone who would like to serve and is in Year 4 or above, or anyone who is currently serving and would like a refresher course. The courses will be held on two Saturdays (21st & 28th October) at 4pm....
On Sunday 10th September was the annual Altar Servers Lunch. It was another great turn out this year and it was lovely to have many Altar Servers and families attend. Thank you to all the families who provided a meal for the lunch. Fr Paul and the parish appreciate...
On Sunday 10th September at 11.30am, the annual Altar Servers’ Lunch will be held in the hall. Please bring a plate to share. RSVP to Andrew on 0499 181 117 or email@example.com Looking forward to seeing you...
It was wonderful to have you all at the Mass last week to receive your servers’ medallion…
It is a privilege and a responsibility to be selected as one who serves in a ministry to God and God’s people…